Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Still I will worship...




This is my little guy in the picture.  I wish I could blow this picture up and make it into wallpaper for the whole house and every house on the street.  Or maybe even make it into thousands of pieces of candy and eat it up. I love it that much.

I know what you are thinking...oh here she goes about her little guy and how awesome and worshipful he is.  Nope...he's four.  He stood like this for a 1/37th of a second as he told me how much he loved me.  Don't worry this post isn't about how much he loves me either.

Its about God.

Have you ever felt like this picture?  So tiny compared to all....  Or so giant in freedom?
Or maybe you have never felt like raising your hands to or for anyone or anything.

There is a new song by Shane & Shane that I am constantly singing to myself.  The first part says...
I come, God, I come
I return to the Lord
The one who's broken
The one who's torn me apart
You struck down to bind me up
You say You do it all in love
That I might know You in Your suffering


Now look at this picture again.  Think about those words in this posture.  I'm in awe.  It really does position my perspective, problems, joys, anxiety, to do list and everything differently.

Then the chorus says:
Though You slay me
Yet I will praise You
Though You take from me
I will bless Your name
Though You ruin me
Still I will worship
Sing a song to the one who's all I need


Now look at this picture again. I know what you are thinking.  If I were saying those words...slay me. take from me. ruin me.  Would I be in this posture? 

The only way I believe you can get from slayed, taken from and ruined to a position of worship is the acceptance that He is enough.  He is worth praising through all this that seems like the end of life.  But in reality, He is not surprised. He is not anxious for you.  He loves you and preparing you to realize that He is enough. 

Look at this picture again. Its a posture of praise to the One who is worthy to be praise, blessed and worshiped no matter what YOUR circumstances. He is in your circumstance. 

But lets step back.  The One we speak of was in a some crazy circumstances too.  He was betrayed. Have you ever been betrayed?  He was beaten and nailed to a cross.   He was slayed. He was ruin. He was taken from.  

For what?  What is so bad that all that had to happen?

You and Me. For our mistakes. For our selfishness. For our thoughts. For our actions.  For our sin.

Look at the picture again.  

What other posture towards God should we have but this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment